Treat your mom to something special this Mother’s Day at the Sedgwick County Zoo. On Sunday, May 13, from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., moms accompanied by a paying child will be admitted free.
Mothers can enjoy a pleasant trip to the Zoo to visit our newest babies and their Zoo animal moms. Some other things you won’t want to miss:
- Make the Children’s Farms your first stop and visit our goat kids and lambs.
- Look for the white storks as they raise one chick in our Asian walk-through and an Eastern white pelican chick being raised on Nganda Island.
- Visit our six African painted dog pups in Africa, near the Pride of the Plains exhibit.
- While you’re in the African area, stop and see the meerkat kits in the Pride of the Plains exhibit.
- Go through Australia/South America and try to catch a glimpse of the baby wallabies.
- Head to the Koch Orangutan and Chimpanzee Habitat to check out the cute and playful 2-year-old chimp as well as the 1-year-old baby orangutan, just recently introduced into his new exhibit!
Also, from 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m., grab a sampling of QuikTrip’s sandwiches as you exit the Gift Shop.
Plan your visit at www.scz.org. We’ll see you at the Zoo!