Every year, ArtAID has been wowwing Wichitans with its over-the-top art and fashion. And this year was no exception.
The 18th Annual ArtAID show took place at Wichita’s Century II Convention Hall on Saturday, October 13, 2012.
This was the first year for the fundraiser to take place in Century II.
“The move to Century II was a no-brainer,” said Graham Ross of Planet Hair. “To make the show even bigger and better than before, we need a bigger stage. We’re also excited to have more tickets available this year, since our event was selling out the previous location.”
ArtAID was created over 19 years ago in Wichita, Kansas. Since then, the event has raised over 1.5 million dollars for charity. The show is known as one of the Wichita’s most fun parties of the year that combines silent and live auctions, dance performances and a special runway fashion show.
The proceeds from this event will benefit Positive Directions, with all money staying local to benefit the Wichita community.
What Was At This Year’s ArtAID 18:
1) New Location: Century II Convention Hall, 225 W Douglas Ave, Wichita, KS
2) Cocktails: A cocktail reception kicked-off the event at 7:30 PM and was located in two lounges. The reception included live performances and special guests stars.
3) Live Auction: A live auction began at 8:30 PM with art work donated by artists and collectors from Wichita. Raffle items were donated by local and national businesses.
4) Runway Fashion Show: The anticipated fashion show extravaganza began at 9:30 PM. The show included fashion clothing from local businesses, such as Aspen Boutique and Section 37. Planet Hair provided the runways costumes, makeup, hair and production.
5) Special Dance Production: A ‘no-holds-barred Vegas-caliber show’ included acrobats and local dancers.
6) Theme: This year’s theme was “Hollywood Lights.”
About the ArtAID Show
The ArtAID event incorporates the generosity of sponsors Planet Hair, Greteman Group, KWCH 12 and The KSCW, with contributing artists and collectors, and the talent of local and national dancers and acrobats, musicians, clothing designers, models and actors and hundreds of volunteers to present an evening that’s entertaining and breathtakingly beautiful.